Hey guys, I don’t know about you but January seemed to go on forever. Whilst the year may have got off to a rocky start, January welcome many new favourites into my life. Some of which I thought I’d share with you. So here is my January favourites.
Films & TV:
I didn’t actually watch a lot of films or TV in January, I lost interest in binge watching things, however, there were a few thing that caught my eye.
- Bates Motel – Now i started watching Bates Motel back in December, however, I finished season 4 last week. Honestly, It had me hooked, I haven’t hated a character the way I hate Norman Bates, as much as I did, since T-Bag from prison break. Norman is just one of those characters that makes me want to punch him in the face. I absolutely love the series, however, I need a break before I watch the last season.
- Before I Fall – This film left me speechless. Now for those of you who have never heard of this film, it is on Netflix and it is based off the book ‘Before I Fall’ by Lauren Oliver, (which I am currently in the process of reading’. It is about a girl who dies and relives her last day over and over, whilst changing little moments. The film was amazing, it left me questioning everything for hours after I watched it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is yet to see it.
Makeup and beauty
- Urban Decay setting spray – I have always struggled with maintaining a fresh makeup look throughout the day, my makeup often slips off making me look a little worse for wear. However, since using this setting spray, my makeup remains on my face for much longer. Next stop is finding the perfect primer, any suggestions?
- Makeup revolution conceal and define – WOW. So this product has been hyped up ever since it was released and honestly I was a little sceptical at first, but for £4 you honestly cannot fault it. I ended up getting shade 6, which is the perfect in between colour for when i’m tanned or not. I wouldn’t say it is super full coverage but for the price the coverage is amazing. It is definitely my new favourite makeup product.
- MAC soft and gentle – I often switch between highlighters, but I always come back to this product. It just gives the perfect glow and you can achieve anything from a subtle glow to a blinding highlight.
- L’Oreal X Fibre mascara Xtreme – Much like the concealer I had heard many good reviews about this product, so me and my best friend decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed, this product is the first mascara I have used in a long time that curls, separates and lengthens my lashes, without leaving them cakey. I will definitely be repurchasing this.
What were you favourite beauty products of January? I am very keen to extend my makeup collection and open to new suggestions. Don’t forget to subscribe and follow me on social media for frequent updates. Until next time.
Where to find me?
21 Buttons app: @dgriffinx