Hey guys, Happy new year, sorry it has taken me a while to post this, I have spent the first week of 2018 in bed with the flu and I am only just beginning to feel slightly normal again. But here am with my first post of the new year.
A new year normally means, new resolutions, and whilst I think you can change your ways at any part of the year, I think it’s nice to set yourself little goals that you can work towards over the course of the year. Mine are all things I have started doing a while ago but want to continue to work towards in 2018.
So here are my 2018 resolutions:
- Go to all my lectures – realistically how hard can this be? I just need to stop being lazy and push myself to go in when i’m not feeling my best.
- Cut people off who don’t positively contribute to my life.
- Try and see a positive in every situation – I want to continue to challenge my mental health and teach my brain to look for positives in situations that I may initially only view as negative
- Travel at any opportunity I get
- Save money
- Be more honest, about how I feel, to myself and others
- Get healthy – through making sure I eat 3 meals a day, being kind to myself when i am ill and doing daily exercise.
- Cut down on fizzy drinks – I drink far too many (she says as she sips on a can of coke – this resolution is going very well).
- Help others and be more selfless – I am hoping to get back into volunteer and charity work this year.
- Take chances – I often turn a lot of things down due to my anxiety and worrying about the unknown but this year I want to try new things and just take more chances.
And there they are, the ten things seen above are things I am already implementing into my life and I am already seeing a difference in day to day life. Here’s hoping 2018 is a positive year of growth and new adventures.
Where to find me:
21 Buttons app: @dgriffinx