Hey guys, its been a while since I’ve sat down and wrote something on my blog. Lately I am becoming a much better version of myself, I am happier and healthier and I love it. Today I thought i’d share with you my 5 steps to becoming a happier you.
- Stop living to please other people. You will never please everyone, there is always going to be that one person who finds something negative in what you do, so do thing to please yourself, no one else. Stop worrying about what other people will think,and start worrying about how you’ll feel if you don’t do the things you truly want. The minute you start saying, ‘you know what, fuck it’, is the day things start clicking into place.
- Let go of the things that aren’t working. Whether this be a relationship, friendship, job, etc. Just anything that is having more of a negative impact than positive. It is so hard to know when its the right time to let go, but sometimes it needs to be done. Sometimes holding on is only going to hurt you more in the long run. Life is too short to hold on to people who don’t make you happy and things that make you feel shit, you do not owe anyone your company, you get to choose who to keep in your life.
- Surround yourself with the best people. If someone treats you shitty you don’t have to keep them around just because you’ve been friends with them for years. If they aren’t raising you up, walk away. But remember to hold on to the good people, find those people who make you excited to wake up each day and remind you how amazing you are doing.
- Find something you love, something that makes your heart sing, something that makes you want to get up in the morning, something that makes you smile and hold onto it. Whether this be a particular breakfast, a person or a hobby, finding something that makes your jaw hurt from smiling makes a huge difference to daily life.
- Smile more. People always used to tell me that ‘smiling will snap you out of a bad mood’ and i never used to believe them. But it’s so true, lately I have found myself going from a bad mood to an amazing mood, simply because someone or something has made me genuinely smile or laugh and honestly it feels amazing.
Now I still have my bad days and my bad moments but just by doing those 5 steps above I have seen such an improvement in my day-to-day moods and well-being and I think my friends have to. Whilst these steps may not be the easiest thing to do, implementing them into your life can help so much. So remember: live for yourself, let go, surround yourself with good company, find something you love and don’t forget to smile.
I hope all whoever is reading this post is well and if not better days are coming, in winter we never think it will be hot again, just like when things aren’t going great, we don’t think they will ever get better again, but they will, just like the weather will be hot again.
Where to find me: